RS Industrial, a leading distributor and manufacturer of industrial adhesives and specialty tapes, is seeking to add a new Technical Service Chemist to the core team based in Buford, GA.
The Technical Service Chemist will use their formal educational training along with their unique problem solving skills to help customers effectively find solutions to their adhesive-related manufacturing challenges, from the packaging found in the candy aisle to the glue holding down a turf field. The selected candidate will demonstrate an ability to analyze and comprehend dynamic production requirements to identify and deliver adhesive solutions in a time-sensitive and collaborative way.
At RS Industrial, the role of the Technical Service Chemist is pivotal. The TS Chemist helps coordinate and lead the interaction between the sales, marketing, and operations teams. Through this interaction, we serve our loyal customer base, expand our new business, and create innovative market opportunities.
- Provide technical service support to customers and RSI team
- Match adhesive technology with customer specifications and application equipment
- Perform lab testing on different products in order to provide solutions for customers
- Document results, and construct formal lab reports
- Work with suppliers to develop products and meet customer needs
- Present adhesive seminars to customers and peers
- Establish standard customer operations for optimal adhesive efficiency
- Work with the sales, marketing, and lab teams to develop new products and markets
- Travel with sales team to customer production sites for troubleshooting/technical support
- Grow personally and professionally
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Entry level – less than 5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work well with peers and people at all levels of the organization; a team player